Turning your tree waste into mulch
Tweed Valley Tree Services offers both tree mulching and mulch sales. After we take care of your tree removal or tree pruning needs we can take the waste and run it through our woodchipper, leaving you with a mulch that you can then place throughout your garden.
The Benefits Of Recycling Plant Waste
Mulch enriches and feeds the soil by recycling the nutrients within as it decomposes. This increases the fertility of the soil which improves its overall health and also helps the soil to retain moisture. It’s the perfect environment for the healthy growth of trees and plants. As mulch helps stabilise soil temperature and retain heat that is lost overnight you are able to grow your seedlings earlier in the season and experience faster growth.
As mulch can have a dramatic impact on your garden it is imperative that you get it right. While mulch can retain soil moisture it can also prevent it from reaching the plants root system if not applied correctly.
Reasons to use mulch in your garden
- Mulch helps to reduce soil moisture loss through evaporation.
- Mulch insulates the soil, keeping the plant’s roots cool in summer and warm in winter.
- Mulch helps control weed germination and growth, keeping it to an absolute minimum, if allowing it at all.
- Over time mulch improves the soil’s aeration, biology, drainage, fertility and structure by releasing nutrients and providing a wonderful habitat for those great ecosystem engineers like earthworms and insects.
- Mulch gives beds a neater appearance and helps to prevent damage to tree trunks and plants during bed trimming and lawn-mowing sessions.
Even if you have the perfect mulch, use it incorrectly and you may end up killing your plant. Always leave a few inches around the tree trunk or plant stem.